Conservation of Little Milford Winch for the National Trust
The restoration and relocation of a winch from the woods at Little Milford, Pembrokeshire, involving volunteers.
This project undertaken for the National Trust in Wales involved providing specialist input to a group of volunteers to help them restore and re-locate a winch from the woods at Little Milford, Pembrokeshire. The project took place in three phases over a period of 3 1/2 years and consisted of:
- Dismantling the winch from its remote location in Little Milford Woods and transporting the 0.5 tonnes of components back to the National Trust Workshop;
- Devising a programme of work for the volunteers;
- Supervising the cleaning and painting of the winch;
- The manufacture of some of the missing parts; and
- The re-assembly and re-location of the winch.